AirTrack Robot is based on a laser scanner attached to a multi-axis robot wrist. It provides an accurate and reliable production metrology solution. Working with Metrolog X4 i-Robot software, Airtrack Robot is perfectly suited for applications requiring flexibility and productivity. It’s a fully integrated solution that helps to reach the target of numerous parts controlled each day with efficiency and low maintenance level.
AirTrack Robot - Robotic inspection solution
The first all-in-one touch and scan robotic inspection solution
AirTrack Robot is compatible with any brand or type of robot
Kreon 3D scanner reliability
Working for more than 20 years in many industries all over the world, Kreon scanners have shown their reliability. The Zephyr II Blue laser scanner is mounted on the AirTrack Robot providing its benefits:
- High accuracy on any kind of material, even on shiny surfaces, without consuming time for part preparation: sprays or markers are not necessary
- Touch probe under the scanner for contact measurement
- Compactness enabling data acquisition on complex shape parts with hard-to-access zones
- Measurement accuracy fully independent of robot precision due to AirTrack tracker
- Temperature compensation
- AQC settings and optimisation
Optimised automated solution
AirTrack Robot is a system simple to configure and to maintain. This solution is compatible with all brands or types of robot, with any size and accuracy level. The robot trajectory is entirely controlled by Metrolog X4 part program and thanks to optical tracker its movements are perfectly synchronized with measurement. Being not involved in the measurement chain, the robot can be easily replaced.
The MultiTRAK supports two or more Optical Trackers within a single measurement volume. MultiTRAK cells increase productivity by enlarging the measurement volume to surround large parts with a single setup. Probes, scanners or tracking targets move seamlessly through the unified measurement volume using a single software measurement plan.
Metrolog X4 i Robot
is a fully automated solution, integrating optical CMM, 3D laser scanner, robot and Metrolog software.
Metrolog X4 software is used for comparative analysis of dimensional characteristics of the part compared to its CAD definition, flush and gap, sections and surfaces. It provides a full control of robot directly from Metrolog X4, programming robot trajectories directly from the CAD model.
Time savings due to offline programming:
- Complete flexibility when part is modified; simple update of the trajectory inside Metrolog X4.
- Independence of robot accuracy: tolerant to robot drift, warm-up and backlash.
- No need for cyclic robot calibration.
- Virtual scan data to configure measuring range.